It took a whole lotta sortin’ to get the past years’ photos, everything I took in the last 12 months, narrowed down to the top 20. But I did it… with the help of coffee and cream… and looking back, 2015 was a great year for us. Hope it was for you too.
I wanted to share my favorites here as a special New Year’s Eve treat. I took all these photos except for the bottom one, which Beau took of me.
From our little house here at the VX to you… we wish you a happy 2016!
20. My buddy, the big buck, from our front door.
19. My three biggest loves on the ridge overlooking Short Creek.
18. Shadows from left: me, 2-year-old Emi, and my mom holding 7-month-old Marsi.
17. The crew gathering bulls out of the Summer Pasture.
16. Our kind, thoughtful, artistic boy.
15. Cobweb near our lane with greasewood in background. I am especially proud of this one.
14. Our baby Marsielle, straight out of heaven.
13. Our Christmas card photo! These kids love playing dress-up.
12. Playing in muddy puddles after a summer storm. Definitely a photographic achievement for me.
11. Emi with Faline He Does It during a memorable trip to Crow Fair.
10. Asher, our history buff, with Faline’s husband Marty.
9. Cowgirls DO cry… when they get left home to make lunch.
8. The same cowgirl, sharing breakfast with her bum calves.
7. Beau’s coworker Brian — branding day here at the VX.
6. One of many important meetings Beau attended this year.
5. Asher, right, helping his buddy Ryker at a branding south of Sumatra.
4. Sweet Emi… a Southern belle stranded in the gumbo north of Ingomar, Montana.
3. Gulp… we became a family of three this year.
2. She had him at hello.
- Lots of good things got started this year, including this blog. Thanks for reading!